Gravity Roller Conveyors
Our gravity roller conveyors are used in a wide range of industries, offering a cost effective solution to convey products such as cardboard boxes, plastic trays and all manner of goods. They are particularly popular in industries where boxed products are being moved, or places which feature a lot of light to medium loading. Find out more below:
What is a Gravity Roller Conveyor?
Gravity roller conveyors are as the name suggests – a way of transferring items from one area to another without the use of a motorised power source. It’s a simple and effective conveying method which requires little more than the force of gravity. Typically, a standard gravity roller conveyor will incorporate several ‘free-spinning’ rollers which are fitted into a frame – allowing the product to freely roll, on its own accord, or by the aid of an operator.
Our standard roller conveyors often involve a person to remove the product and perform the next task in a typical packaging or processing cycle.
- Manufactured from high grade 304 and 316 stainless steel. Also available in mild steel powder coated and aluminium.
- Choose from various conveyor widths – from 200mm inside frame to 1500mm.
- Roller diameters from 25mm, 35mm, 38mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, 63mm and 76mm.
- Roller pitches are dependent upon your load that you wish to convey.
- Roller types include stainless and mild steel, bright zinc plated, and rubber covered and plastic.
- Roller fitting can be easy to remove. They are spring loaded with hex or round spindles and can also be secured to the side frame, via bolts.
- Adjustable, supported legs are available in many formats, with typical adjustments ranging from +/- 50mm for standard legs to +/- 100mm for non-standard.
- Units can be fitted to existing systems or supplied mobile.
The video shows a gravity roller conveyor with a lift gate mechanism at the centre, on a gas assisted strut to allow personnel to pass through when required.
Unitech can supply and manufacture the complete range of roller conveyors, designed to meet your handling requirements.
We use a wide range of accessories including:
- Ball tables
- Braked rollers
- End stops
- Lift up gates
- Mobile units
- Side guides
- Skate wheels
- Spiral bends
How do I choose the right system?
Simply put, weight and dimensions have the greatest importance on finding the most suitable gravity conveyor system. If your business needs to move higher weight products, your conveyor rollers will need to hold this weight. This weight will ultimately decide whether a lightweight roller conveyor is needed (constructed from aluminium), or a stainless steel version with a higher load-bearing capacity is required.
We also recommend that the product travelling on the conveyor track should fit within the confines of the inside frame. Furthermore, wider widths or side guides should be considered if the product can slide sideways.
The conveyor system will then need to be mounted on a set of suitable support frames, set out at intervals to support the weight of the product.
Our team will happily work with you to help ensure your equipment has all the correct capabilities. And as a leading UK manufacturer, you can be safe in knowing your gravity conveyor system has been designed and built to the highest of standards.
If you would like more information about our gravity roller conveyors, please fill out the request form below and a member of our team will be in touch!