Modular Belt Conveyors
Unitech manufactures a wide variety of slat and modular belt conveyors, which are designed to suit the exact requirements of the industry sector they are supplied to. This ranges from industrial warehousing to food, beverage and pharmaceutical environments.
Our core modular belt conveyor design is predominately of a stainless-steel construction. We utilise the latest modular belts on the market to help facilitate the highest quality end product. Find out more below:
Modular Plastic Conveyor Belt
Modular belt conveyors are a popular choice amongst many industries. This is due to the multi-functional properties of the modular belt and its high durability.
The belt is constructed from interlocking plastic teeth (or modules) and can be easily designed to suit a wide range of functions. In particular, they suit wide belt conveyors for packed products (in cases) or for automated wrapping lines.
Why choose our product?
Our modular belt conveyors are extremely reliable systems, used to efficiently transport packed (or unpacked products) safely to their required destination. They can also be combined with depalletisation tables.
The belt’s flexibility allows us to design our modular belt conveyors for curved applications, ideal for areas where floor space is limited or where tight turns need to be navigated.
The construction of the belt makes it incredibly easy to maintain and clean – perfect for production lines handling raw products such as fish, meat or vegetables.
Our modular belt conveyors are great for the bakery industries where they are used as cooling lines for freshly baked goods. For example, a typical design would incorporate a spiral conveyor, allowing products to cool before returning to the line for packing.
Due to its high durability, the belt is able to withstand extreme temperature conditions, handling both hot and sharp products without any issue.
The belt is also suitable for flighted elevator conveyors where products need to be conveyed to differing levels.
– Manufactured from 304 and 316 stainless steel. Also available in mild steel, powder coated and aluminium.
– Unitech can provide complete PLC controlled systems or single standalone units which can be integrated into an existing system or form part of a complete new packaging/production system.
– Hygienic design to the latest EN BS & EHEDG guidelines. Provides easy cleaning and maintenance for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
– Vast array of conveyor widths available. Typically from (but not limited to) 85mm belt widths to 1500mm widths.
– Adjustable supported legs are available in many formats, with typical adjustments ranging from +/- 50mm for standard legs to +/- 100mm for non-standard.
The above video shows a modular belt conveyor being tested in readiness for installation into a large chicken processing company. This particular conveyor will be used as a chicken grading line and has white spacing lines to ensure chicken breasts are placed correctly to allow pieces to be graded by weight.
Typical Configurations and Applications
- Accumulation conveyors and product buffer storage – to cover unpacked/packed products.
- Bottling and canning applications.
- Bakery application.
- Combining conveyors and de-pal table applications.
- De-watering systems.
- Elevating applications – for both food and packed products.
- Fish Processing.
- Horizontal food processing/production.
- Horizontal pack transport.
- Inspection systems.
- Integrated case packing and palletising systems.
- Low back pressure (LBP) applications – to reduce pressure when accumulating.
- Pivot/luffing belt conveyor configurations.
- PLC controlled systems – for new lines, or integration into existing ones.
- Poultry Processing.
- Products sortation and inspection systems.
- Radius bend and tight radius conveyors.
- Red Meat Processing.
- Salad and Vegetable processing.
- Spiral conveying applications – for both direct food contact and packed products.
- Swan neck conveyors.
- Tight radius belt conveyor design – for minimal foot print and floor space.
If you would like to enquire about our modular belt conveyors, please fill out the request form below and we’ll be happy to help.