Modular Belt Conveyors / Slat Belt Conveyors
Unitech manufactures a wide variety of slat and modular belt conveyors, which are designed to suit the requirements of the industry sector they are supplied to. This ranges from industrial warehousing to food, beverage and pharmaceutical environments.
Our core modular belt conveyor design is predominately of a stainless-steel construction. We utilise the latest modular belts on the market to help facilitate the highest quality end product.
Modular belt conveyors are a popular choice with many industries. This is due to the multi-functional properties of the modular belt and its durability.
The belt is constructed from interlocking plastic teeth (or modules) which makes the conveyors easy to design and suit a wide range of functions. The system specifically suits wide belt conveyors for packed products (in cases) or for shrink wrapping lines.
The construction of the belt makes it easy to maintain and clean, which suits lines handling raw products such as fish, meat or vegetables. Modular belt conveyors are ideal for packed or unpacked products and they can be combined with depalletization tables. They are also suitable for flighted elevator conveyors where products need to be conveyed to differing levels.
Due to its durability, the belt can handle hot and sharp products and is therefore used in the bakery industry. An example of this would be as cooling lines for freshly baked goods. The design could incorporate a spiral elevator to allow products to cool before returning to the line for packing. The belt’s flexibility allows us to design our modular belt conveyors with radius bend and tight radius for minimal footprints and floor space.
- Manufactured from 304 and 316 stainless steel. Also available in mild steel powder coated and aluminium.
- Unitech can provide complete PLC controlled systems or single standalone units which can be integrated into an existing system or form part of a complete new packaging/production system.
- Hygienic design to the latest EN BS & EHEDG guidelines. Provides easy cleaning and maintenance for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
- Vast array of conveyor widths available. Typically from (but not limited to) 85mm belt widths to 1500mm widths.
- Adjustable supported legs are available in many formats, with typical adjustments ranging from +/- 50mm for standard legs to +/- 100mm for non-standard.
Typical Configurations and Applications
- Accumulation conveyors and product buffer storage to cover unpacked / packed products and canning and bottle applications.
- Bakery application.
- Combining conveyors and de-pal table applications. Available typically for the canning and bottle industries.
- De-watering systems.
- Elevating applications for both food and packed products.
- Fish Processing.
- Horizontal food processing / production.
- Horizontal pack transport.
- Inspection systems.
- Integrated case packing and palletising systems.
- Low back pressure LBP applications to reduce pressure when accumulating.
- Pivot / luffing belt conveyor configurations.
- PLC controlled systems for new lines, or integration into existing ones.
- Poultry Processing.
- Products sortation and inspection systems.
- Radius bend and tight radius conveyors.
- Red Meat Processing.
- Salad and Vegetable processing.
- Spiral conveying applications for both direct food contact and packed products.
- Swan neck conveyors.
- Tight radius belt conveyor design. For minimal foot prints and floor space.
If you would like to enquire about our modular belt conveyors, please fill out the request form below and we’ll be happy to help.